Wednesday, July 16, 2014

arrived in thailand

After 1.5+ days of travel and 4 flights, I'm in Chiang Mai.

The whole travel-for-a-year thing didn't really hit me until I unpacked my carryon to try to consolidate it into my backpack, and realized that though it doesn't look like much, I've seriously overpacked and I need to figure out what I can jettison.
~7pm

I woke up this morning at 4am feeling disoriented. I left the guesthouse around 8 and wandered around the area for a little while--I'm outside the city center, and every street has a few guesthouses catering to the many tourists/backpackers. After Keith, one of the proprietors of the guesthouse, directed me to the city center area, I walked towards the nearest gate. Reaching the city center requires crossing a major street, and after watching traffic for a minute I retreated to a nearby cafe to watch and figure out the protocol for crossing the street and for a coffee to combat the jetlag. Apparently crossing the street is just about timing; wait for a momentary lull and expect the traffic to accommodate you.
~11am



No comments:

Post a Comment